Friday, August 10, 2007

Good News Bad News

I 've been having SUCH a tough week, just gnaw your leg off hungry. This has been very challenging, and since I didn't get to weigh in yesterday (my weigh in buddy bailed, we're going today) I don't know how bad the damage was.

BUT

I'm wearing a pair of pants today that I've never been able to wear before. I could get them on before, but they were so tight as to be uncomfortable. So far I've had them on all morning, and plan on wearing them all day.

SO

lesson learned - I can lose a battle or two and still win the war. I have to keep the big picture in front of me when I'm having these hard weeks, and feel good about what I have accomplished. I have to USE that to inspire myself to recommit to the fight.

I think what scared me this week is I saw how easily I could fall back into old habits.
Yesterday a dear friend died. It was expected, she had lived months longer than anyone expected. While I'm happy her suffering is relieved, I'm sad for myself. And her family. And on impluse last night I bought a candy bar and ate three quarters of it. But I threw away the last portion. So perhaps I am redeemable. The chocolate DID make me feel better, I wish I could say it didn't help. But I was able to make it just that moment, and end it, not let it spiral down out of control. So, back to the trenches with a good breakfast. Now I have to get back on the exercise bandwagon. But that's another post.

No comments: